Member for New England and Deputy Prime Minister, Barnaby Joyce has officially launched his bid to retain the seat of New England.
He told supporters he is grateful for the privilege to serve the people of New England and fight for better services and opportunities on their behalf.
“The investments we are making in road upgrades, social infrastructure, education, health and more are all part of our plan to make places like Tamworth, Armidale, Guyra, Inverell, Tenterfield, Glen Innes, Quirindi, and Muswellbrook as strong as possible as quickly as possible,” Mr Joyce said.
“The Coalition Government has delivered for New England and with your blessing, I will continue to make this electorate stronger, wealthier and an even better place to live and work.”
The Federal poll will be conducted on Saturday, 21 May, while pre poll voting commences on Monday, 9 May.
Pre-Poll Venues will be located at:
- 515 Peel Street, Tamworth
- Inland Technology – Unit 2, 383-391 Goonoo Goonoo Road, South Tamworth
- Shop 3, 106 Jesse Street, Armidale
- Stan Thiess Memorial Centre – Victoria Park, 173 Hill Street, Muswellbrook
- 166 Otho Street, Inverell
- Glen Innes Town Hall – 265 Grey Street, Glen Inness
- Tenterfield Memorial Hall – 96 Molesworth Street, Tenterfield
Applications for a Postal Vote must be received by 18 May
For further information, please visit www.aec.gov.au/election